8/11/2009

Day 1 (continued)

Yesterday I met with my advisers at NCCU who were more than helpful in seeking prospective interviewees. Since then I've 5 confirmed interviews spread throughout my stay here, two of which I'm preparing for now. First I'm meeting Professor Wu of the Institute for International relations - an expert on U.S.-Taiwanese relations. Next I'm having lunch with Professor Li of the NCCU Grad. Institute for Taiwanese History which will be primarily on the PRC and Cross-Straight Relations between Taiwan and the Mainland.

I can't wait, the jetlag and excitement woke me at 5am (5pm in the U.S.) and I've been going over my questions all morning.

After emailing the professors on my list I swiflty sniffed out the closest 7-11 (they had one on campus) and purchased Nescafe', Toblerone and a quart of lemonade. After my small lunch of champions I made my way down to the bus stop that takes you back to the IH. I chose to ride on the wrong bus and sat back for a cheap tour round the city sans a chattering guide.

The pictures of Taipei 101 are coming soon - I need a day devoted completely to poking about the city proper.

Until then, Zai Jian